job vacancy PT Shell Indonesia
Shell is an integrated energy company committed to meeting the world's growing demand for energy in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. Our strategy is focused on strengthening our position as a leading player in the oil and gas industry, while helping to meet global energy demand in a responsible manner. Safety and environmental and social responsibility are at the core of our activities.
1. Lab Analyst
Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees’ ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.
What’s the role?
- Conduct routine chemical and physical tests on lubricating oils and greases, applying test methods from the ASTM, IP, TMS and SMS as required, and operating appropriate Laboratory instruments, for the purpose of establishing that the products meet applicable specifications.
- Conduct routine chemical and physical tests on base oils to establish that they meet the required specifications.
- Maintain accurate and systematic records of test results, to facilitate retrieval for troubleshooting, analysis, decision making or preparation of test reports.
- Systematically label and store retention samples from blending/manufacturing, filling/loading, or incoming materials, for the purpose of subsequent quality verification arising from complaints or other needs; and dispose them in an approved manner at the end of their respective retention periods.
- Conduct tests on filling samples and provide advice on remedial measures (including quantity of product to slop) in the event that an unacceptable level of line contamination is detected.
Perform checks and acknowledgement on incoming materials e.g. chemicals, gases, equipment parts, and other laboratory materials.
- Know and comply with the Company’s Safety Regulations and laboratory good practices; and ensure good housekeeping is maintained during the course of daily work.
- Know and comply with the Plant’s Quality Procedures and Laboratory Work Instructions.
- Check that Plant Operators submit correct samples in accordance with sampling requirements and amend sample card information if necessary.
- Enter test results into GSAP or other designated computer management system.
- Perform usage decision for Base oils and additives in GSAP, consulting the Head of Laboratory or Laboratory Team Leader, if necessary.
- Conduct trial blend and formula calculation for new product and current product development.
- Throw out retain sample in the end of period from blending retain, filling retain, base oil retain, additive retain, flush retain and fill control retain book with suitable samples condition.
- Conduct B3 waste handling and monitoring from laboratory, include pump sumpit if require condition happen.
- Conduct flush calculation for used in product and conduct monitoring flush movement and usage.
What we need from you
- University Degree/Diploma in Chemical Engineering with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Technical Qualification in Chemistry
- Laboratory experience
2. Operator Maintenance – Electrical & Instrumentation
Execute engineering and maintenance activities the Production Plant Facilities as determined by the maintenance schedule and in accordance with agreed cost targets and HSSE, Security and Environmental targets
The incumbent does not have any direct subordinate but in execution maintenance schedule the incumbent keeps close contact with maintenance supervisors, production supervisors, and production operators and contractor shop floor workers.
Operator Maintenance executes engineering and maintenance activities to all Production Facilities Lube Oil Blending Plant in Marunda, Indonesia.
- Carry out Maintenance in accordance with roles described in GSAP/Streamline (LGAME).
- Execute Maintenance activities per instruction by the Maintenance Supervisor, and may include the keeping of records, monitoring of maintenance costs, and production performance.
- Carry out maintenance in accordance with the agreed schedules and consistent with HSSE rules and regulations including the PTW system.
- Creating and consistent with HSSE rules and regulations, including to avoid any activity that can harm people or environment (by reducing or eliminate hazardous waste).
- Work with Blending, Filling Operators, Bulk Receipt and Tank Farm Operators and Bulk Filling Operators to ensure asset availability is maximized.
- Execute the maintenance activities accordance to the schedule and in time bases.
- Execute day to day preventive maintenance check and reporting base on the actual condition of plant production equipments.
- Must have basic knowledge in plant utility equipments, building, LV and MV and good shop floor communications.
- Consistently execute current preventive maintenance works.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Technical senior high school or diploma 1 in Engineering with minimum 3 years experiences in relevant experiences, diploma 3 degree in Engineering with minimum 1-3 years relevant experience, in maintenance and engineering of manufacturing industries. Mainly in mechanical for either education background and work experiences.
- Familiarity with relevant standards, specifications and technical drawings.
- Familiarity with plant equipments and facilities.
- Familiarity with maintenance system.
- Hands on and quick response personality.
Placement: Bekasi, West Java